Energy and power are highly regulated sectors requiring specialist industry knowledge and international expertise.
Transactions in these sectors are often complex and require a wide range of transactional skills and experience. In addition to our regulatory specialists, we have experts in corporate finance, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, joint ventures and strategic alliances, tax, infrastructure projects and operational matters.
For operational matters, we regularly advise on:
- exploration licences and due diligence requirements
- production sharing agreements, offtake and other product sale arrangements
- procurement of equipment and fixed plant machinery
- planning, environmental and health & safety regulation
- governance structures and anti-corruption legislation
Our clients include exploration companies for the oil and gas industries, cleantech and renewable energy businesses, both onshore and offshore.
Our international work covers many parts of Africa, Australasia, Indonesia, the Middle East, Russia and the CIS. We also advise sponsors, nominated advisors and corporate advisors on their obligations on flotations and fundraisings.